There are over 60,000 WordPress plugins available today; all these plugins helps bloggers to carry out different functions on their blogs without hiring a web developer. As a WordPress blogger, there are certain plugins that are a must installed in your blog and in this article, I will be unveiling 5 must have WordPress plugins for either a new blog or an old one.
The 5 must have WordPress plugins include:
- Rank Maths SEO
In regards to on-page SEO, rank maths SEO is one of the best SEO WordPress plugin and its the first plugin out of the 5 must have WordPress plugins I will discuss. For me, it is the best WordPress plugin that you will need for your on-page SEO. Rank maths helps every website owner get access to all SEO tools they need to improve their SEO and attract more traffic to their website.
Features Exclusive To Rank Maths Include:
- Easy to follow setup wizard that aids installation and configuration.
- Google schema markup (rich snippets integration) with over 16 plus types of Schema Markup including rating schema, FAQ schema.
- Unlimited keywords optimization: ranks maths let’s you optimize up to 5 keywords per post.
- Content AI: first SEOto introduce content AI that helps you write content.
- Google Search Console integration.
- Google Analytics integration.
- Add overlay icons on social images
- 404 monitor.
- Internal linking suggestions and loads more.
Alternatives to this plugin is the “Yoast SEO Plugin, All In One SEO”
2. Classic Editor Plugin
Writing posts on WordPress is made easy with classic editor plugin.
It makes it possible to use plugins that extend that screen, and old style meta boxes or depend on previous editors.
By default, it hides the Block Editor available on Gutenberg.
- Administrators can select default editors for all users.
- Allows users to change their default editor.
- Allows users to choose which editor to use in making post.
- Each post opens in the last editor regardless of who edited it last.
Alternative is Gutenberg.
3. Easy Table of Contents
For better on-page SEO, adding table of contents to your posts is required. Easy Table of contents makes it possible to add a user friendly and automatic displayed table of contents generated from the page contents.
- Automatically generate a table of contents for your posts by parsing its contents for headers.
- Supports <!–nextpage–> tag.
- Support Rank Maths plugin.
- Works with Classic Editor, Gutenberg, Element or, etc.
- Optionally enabled per pages and or posts.
- Optionally auto insert table of contents into page.
- Provides options to configure when and where to insert table of contents.
- Choose to display the table of contents hierarchical or not.
- Mutiple counter bullet formats to choose from.
- User can hide table to contents.
- Supports smooth scrolling.
- Choose which headings are used to generate table of contents.
Alternatively, you can use Table Of Contents available with Block Editor.
4. Simple File Downloader Plugin
This will be needed by bloggers that wants to add download links to any post or page. This will be the most needed by Entertainment Niche bloggers.
It allows all your site visitors to download any file from your web directly without redirecting to any external host.
Downloader Button is available in your admin content editor (Classic Editor Required).
5. Instant Indexing For Google.
This helps to get your website pages, and contents crawled immediately.
It helps you beat your competitors and rank higher on google search.
This plugin was developed by rank maths and when a post is published on your website, the instant indexing plugin sends a crawl request to google using the google indexing API.
After installing, check settings on how to set up Google API.
Plugins are needed to make your site function and look better and these are the 5 must have WordPress plugins.
Read also on https://nairaland.com/mlcrypto