If you are a google publisher, you might have come across the ads.txt notification in your google AdSense dashboard, whether you are a new publisher or an old publisher.
In this article, I will list out the simple steps to fix ads.txt on WordPress hosted blogs or websites.
One thing you need to be aware of is that, leaving this notification unfixed might not really pose a problem to your AdSense account or blog but why not fix it anyways?
Steps To Fix Adsense Ads.txt on WordPress
- Go to your google AdSense dashboard where the notification is displayed.
- Click on the “Fix Now” option.
- Click on “Create an ads.txt file for site”.
- Process to click on ” Download”.
- On hitting the download button, a download of the ads.txt file will be automatically initiated and you will be notified that download is successful.
- Go to the download page and click on the downloaded file to open it.
- After opening, you will see a google code: select and copy the code.
- Head over to your WordPress dashboard and click on the navigation button by the top left.
- Click on “Plugin > Add New”
- Search for “ads.txt manager”.
- Install the second one with over 100,000+ active installations.
- After installing, activate the plugin.
- Go back to your navigation button and click on “Settings > Ads.txt”
- After opening, paste the google code you copied earlier from the downloaded file.
- Click on save changes.
With this you have fixed the ads.txt pop up displayed on your AdSense account. To verify you added the code correctly: open an incognito tab and type your URL with ads.txt. For example: https://example.com/ads.txt and the code you added will be displayed.
WATCH VIDEO BELOW FOR CLARIFICATIONS:
Read also on https://nairaland.com/mlcrypto